Saturday, August 11, 2012

Dial H #1 - What's the 411?

May 12, 2012

I'm not quite sure whether I liked this issue or not. The idea of dialing from a payphone and getting super-powers might be a little corny, but I kind of liked it. On the other hand, the creators seemed to be trying to overshadow the corny-ness of it by making it so "modern" that it's a little disturbing. The concept is cool, but I'm afraid this issue is going down the path of strangeness and morbidity. However, given the success of Animal Man (which I admit, I disliked) the weirdness might actually help this title, rather than hinder it.
Do I recommend it? If you enjoy Animal Man or Alice in Wonderland, then yes, I do. If not, then stick to some of DC's more classic titles.

Bottom line: 2.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment