Saturday, August 18, 2012

Batman #12


August 18, 2012
Batman #12 - Comic Book Cover

Batman #12
Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, Becky Cloonan, Andy Clarke

I know this issue got stellar reviews from ComicVine and probably from everybody else.  But, in my honest opinion, it was just ok.  I liked the story, but I didn't see how it fit in that well with the Night of the Owls arc (apparently it was a back-up story, which makes a lot more sense).  Also, I didn't like the how the art style switched in the middle of the issue; it takes away from the fluidity.  I did appreciate the focus on the people of Gotham, but I'm tired of the pro-homosexuality theme that is so often present in the New 52.  I just think it's a gimmick used to look open-minded, and I'm tired of it.

Other than that, it was fine.  Not Snyder's best work (again, in my opinion), but good.  The biggest thought I take away from it is that I may have just been introduced to a new villain or vigilante, which is always exciting.

P.S.: Congrats to Becky Cloonan on being the first female artist on this series!
Bottom line: 2.5/5

1 comment:

  1. I feel better about this issue knowing that it's a back-up story, and at the same time an introduction to Harper Row.

    ReplyDelete