Wednesday, August 8, 2012

G.I. Combat # 1 - The War That Time Forgot

May 12, 2012
Starring the Unknown Soldier...
G.I. Combat # 1 - The War That Time Forgot; The Unknown Soldier, Chapter One
J.T. Krul, Justin Gray, Jimmy Palmiotti

I sort of have to review this issue in two parts. The first part, G.I. Combat, was reminiscent of the Men of War title. However, I enjoyed it more than MoW because of the way it flowed. Where MoW was a little confusing at times, G.I. Combat is clear, natural, and fast-paced. I didn't like the style of art, but other than that I really enjoyed this issue, and was pleasantly surprised.

The second part, the Unknown Soldier, is really the selling point for this issue. I've always been fascinated by the Unknown Soldier, and this issue showcases the mystery and intrigue surrounding him. Also, the art is cool and fits in well with the style of the issue. Honestly, I think he should have his own monthly title.

Bottom line: 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment