Friday, August 24, 2012

Batgirl #1




 
Batgirl #1
Gail Simone, Ardian Syaf, Vicente Cifuentes
 
Obviously, I'm a little obssessed with Batgirl, and after hearing that Barbara Gordon was returning as Batgirl and seeing the fantastic cover art, I had high expectations for this issue.  Although it didn't blow me out of the water, I was impressed, and I really enjoyed it.  Barbara is a really interesting character: carefree and yet totally serious.  I liked how she wasn't immediately back to her old self, but had some insecurities and problems that came with "un-retiring."  In my opinion, this title could be really good.  I hope it is!
 
Bottom line: 4/5
 
For those of you who have been keeping up with this title, can you tell me if the more recent issues have been good?

No comments:

Post a Comment